Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Garden, for good or evil

So about a month after I planted my garden, I decided to go out to the back 40 and see what was going on.
I had faith that there were veggies out there under all them weedy things.
And sure enough, we found tomatoes, and peppers, and a tiny watermelon, and squash.
Now the tomatoes were planted on that black plasticy stuff so no weeds get through, not strung up or anything. This was the advice of the lady who sold the little plants to me, which advice she got from some master gardener dude. The tomatoes are awesome!! Great advice!
The rest of the stuff we just planted, and it was choked with weeds, so I got out my family, the gardening paraphenalia and we weeded for a good hour or so. Yep, got about 1/5 weeded.
Yikes!
That was about 5 or 6 days ago. I found a cucumber plant with two tiny cucumbers on it, one about 2 inches long, another about 6 inches long, maybe 2 inches around. 2 days ago I checked on it and my how it had grown. Summer brought it in tonight and I about died. How do things grow that quickly? Seriously?

No comments: