Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We are here!




This week has been pretty wild. We moved from our lovely spot in Oregon to BYU territory. The grocery stores sell BYU paraphenalia. We are turning blue and white, but I think that is from the cold. It is supposed to snow tonight, the hills are already dusted and quite beautiful. We love our house, but everything is still strange, new, and quiet. Wierd.




This week has been especially hard, because of our sweet Charlie boy. On our way down here, we stayed at Grandma's and he got his fill of grapes in the back yard. GRAPES ARE TOXIC TO DOGS!! I am heartbroken and have cried so much the last few days as we watch our sweet dogs kidneys failing. I believe we will have to put him to sleep tomorrow morning unless a miracle occurs. We have had to take him to 3 different vets hospitals, and watching him decline has been horrid. He is only 2 years old and the sweetest, funnest dog ever.


6 comments:

rachel said...

Oh Melissa. I am so sad about your beautiful Charlie.

But I am so glad to see a new post on your blog.

I miss you and love you.

Teresa said...

I'm so glad you blogged, and that you've arrived safely in UT. I hope that you'll blog more often so that your friend in EUG can keep up with you.

I am so sorry to hear about your Charlie. I hope that a miracle does happen for him!

Please tell Miss S hello!

Kirsten said...

I am so sorry about Charlie, he has been in my prayers since we talked on Saturday, I know how hard it is to see a member of your family suffer and go, hang in there. Love you!!!!

Radke said...

I am so sorry about Charlie. I hope that he pulls through, we will pray for him.

I am glad to see you have posted a new blog. We miss you and hope to see more info on your blog so we can stay up to date. Love you!

Lorinda said...

I'm so sad to hear that about Charlie. I didn't know that grapes were toxic for dogs. Regi won't touch 'em. she's pickier in her old age, though. Let us know what happens. Sorry i haven't gotten back with you. I have strep throat. again. I'm glad to hear you are finally here.

Ott family said...

We are so sad to hear about Charlie. We sure hope it all works out and he feels better.
We are glad to know you did make it safely to Utah, just in time for the cold. Keep us all updated.